The Supply Chain strategy is directed towards client satisfaction:
Our main priorities are flexibility, responsiveness and reduction of material risk.
Anticipation is key. Every month we manage a Sales and Operations Plan (SOP) using a common ERP system (SAP) and take the appropriate decisions so as to adjust materials flow and factory capacity.
Cycle times are reduced using a Lean Management approach which accelerates production flows, aided by the short materials lead times negotiated with our suppliers.
Every client is unique and our strategy is client-oriented. We try to understand your requirements first before proposing personalised solutions.
Our clients have less and less visibility in their markets and need LACROIX Electronics to be very flexible. Here are some of the key points we are able to manage:
- Appropriate MRP strategy: Make to Order, Make to Stock, or even later differentiation (Assemble to Order)
- Just-in-time securing of complete supplies of all the necessary components
- Management of bottlenecks and sub-contractors
- Capacity planning and adjustment recommendations
- Consignment stock of finished products and/or raw materials in various formulas: Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI), Customer Managed Inventory (CMI)
Use of Kanban with suppliers and internally at LACROIX Electronics
The Time to Market strategy requires good responsiveness in order to provide fast answers about the earliest delivery dates, taking into account availability of raw materials and production capacity. With wide experience in this field we use standard tools such as:
- 1 integrated ERP which makes it possible to check immediately on the potential to compensate for lack of capacity or materials between the various LACROIX Electronics production sites.
- EDI with all the standard messages.
Possibility of organising regular direct shipments to final clients.
Reduction of material risk
Our business is highly concerned about the risk of excess and obsolete stock for electronic components. Consequently, we put in place the following actions several years ago:
- Labelling and packaging according to client requirements
- High tech warehouse management system
- Full traceability using barcode management from raw materials to finished products
- Logistic platforms in Europe, experience in tax representation
Specific component storage conditions: MSL, Moisture Sensitivity Level, secure storage areas, RoHS conformity
Team and Expertise
The Supply Chain is managed by specialists with the following advantages:
- Committed staff, 100% client-oriented
- An international team speaking several languages
- Due to its medium size our company makes close internal communication and fast decision flow possible
- Some members of the team are devoted to fast project management
- Professional expertise in the purchase of electronic components
- Export and customs control specialists