DfX and Prototypes
LACROIX Electronics specialises in product design optimisation services using DfX, advanced industrialisation methodology and workshops devoted to prototyping.
It is all the methodologies and tools used by our team of experts to carry out the advanced industrialisation of an electronic assembly or sub-assembly as early as possible in the project life cycle.
As a minimum these services include the study of entry data, the issue and presentation of DfX reports containing our detailed recommendations.
The designer retains the responsibility and the entire property of the final design.
Depending on client requirements, LACROIX Electronics offers you a tailor-made support service.
Definitions of the main DfX tools:
For many years LACROIX Electronics has been developing this service focussing on 3 areas:
DfM (Design for Manufacturing): Optimising the product/process pair
Main tools: Internal guidelines, expert assembly, GC preview, etc.
DfT (Design for Testability): Defining the most suitable test strategy for the quality objective
Main tools: Test Expert, Testway, complete strategies (InSitu, Functional, BoundaryScan, etc.)
DfP (Design for Procurement): As early as possible in the life cycle selecting the most suitable components and suppliers to secure supplies and optimise global material costs, quality, continued existence and delivery times.
Main devices: Purchasing power, supplier panel, access to an international component database, value analysis, obsolescence
Why use DfX?
- A minimum of 70% of the price of a product is set during the design phase.
- Achieving the "Time to Market" and/or "Time to Volume" objectives is essential for most companies so this is the advantage of DfX upstream of the project
- The total cost of a design change increases considerably when it is made late in the life cycle of the product
Achievement of "Time to Market" and "Total Cost of Ownership" objectives (part price, tools, etc.) as a result of:
- Capitalisation on the multi-product experience of LACROIX Electronics and the expertise of our DfX team
- Optimisation of technical solutions (standardisation, quality, repairability, etc.) and supply chain choices
From 2005 onwards LACROIX Electronics has invested in two workshops devoted to prototype manufacture (France and Germany).
- Offering our clients a complete, responsive Design/Routing/DfX loop (accelerating the learning curve)
- SMD line dedicated to prototypes (screen printing, placement, reflow)
- Workshop close to specific resources (e.g. X-rays, BGA repair station, TAKAYA, etc.)
- Complete management of supplies or shared with our clients
The prototype team is a major contributor to product industrialisation and the success of the "Time to Market" as a result of its direct connections
- With our Process/Methods Department
- With the client design centre or our internal LACROIX Electronics Solutions design centre